Netscape is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Netscape Navigator 9.0 Beta 3. The release is now available for download from browser.netscape.com
for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Beta 3 includes the following changes from Beta 2:
- New preferences in Tabs panel of Preferences dialog
- Added "Link Pad" to the "Clear Private Data" dialog
- Fixed issue with Link Pad icon blinking indefinitely
- Added News preferences to Netscape.com pane of Preferences dialog
- Fixed bug with feed processor that was causing both a memory leak and excessive CPU usage
- Added tab preference for opening bookmarks
- Added tab preference for links opened by Netscape.com integrated components
- Changed URL correction confirmation to be enabled by default
- Fixed bug in URL correction that was interrupting the auto-addition of "www" and ".com"
- Fixed bug that caused the "Confirm correcitons" item in the Location bar's context menu to be hidden
- Added button in preferences to easily disable Netscape.com integration
- Various performance fixes
For a complete list of the new features in Netscape 9, see What's New in Netscape Navigator 9?
at browser.netscape.com; you may want to also check out the Netscape Navigator FAQ
for information on running Navigator 9 alongside previous Netscape browsers.